Friday, April 25, 2014

Finding Nemo's Cousin... yeah that's you..

Sometimes writing a blog feels like I am writing my diary to the whole world. I guess it is, so since it is I might as well get good at it.

Yesterday somebody asked me what my hobbies are and I had an uuuuuhhmmm.... moment. That was not good, when I was younger and somebody asked me what my hobbies were, that list would go on and on. Reason I had an uuuhhhmmm moment was because when I list my hobbies I always had answer with examples from here to Timbuktu. 

Anyway so this is me, I have hobbies, many hobbies but I have not been treating them as such. Actually I have not been doing any of the things that I would say I enjoy doing. 

I love cycling, *Yes I can cycle* it's been more than 3 months since I last cycled. I have excuses, many of them as to why I have not cycled in such a long time but no concrete reason as to why I have not cycled. 
I love reading, atleast that has been done,but not as actively as I used to. I used to read atleast 1 book per week. I love hiking, let's not even go there. 
I love playing basketball and photography. I have missed out on all this because I am busy trying to make money. Working hard to pay bills, working hard to get stuff that people will not even care that you have. I'm being honest, I have missed on so much of my life because I want to do stuff that people consider normal and the best for me. Yeah I no longer reflect and think of how I can make a difference in the lives of those I interact with. It's the sad truth, so this is me attempting to come back to why I live. To come back to the essence of my life which is to glorify God and when I do that I tend to do more of  what I enjoy than work work work work work.... you get my drift... if not, such is life...

My two cents here is that God had a purpose and a plan when he created each and every one of us. Don't get caught up in the chase; don't get caught up in the famous rat race... Get caught up in that which you were created for. Find God, find your purpose, if it means you go out for a hike, do it, if it means you focus all your energy in a sport, Basketball, football, chess, squash.... by all means do it. 


Find God Find You.... 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment