Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Stillness.....

Psalms 46:10

Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!


When confronted, the most natural and easy thing to do is fight back.

When somebody hits me my  first instinct is to hit back and before they hit me am ready with a block. 

So when the good Lord says ''be still''  in my head I throw this 7year old tantrum of  ''but they hit me and they are the ones who started it and.... yes I can go on and on about that and how cocoa was originally in Kenya then migrated to Ghana. You get my point, if not such is life...anyway so I read the Verse that says be still and know that I am God and I was like aaaaaaaaaw, really.... 

Reason being at times when life throws all the heavy logs at me and I have fought and fought to keep them off and am at my  wits end I wonder if God can see let alone hear me. I usually let out those loud Spartan like cries for Heeelp... yeah I do. But he says to  be still and know that He is the source of all things and creator of all. He asks that I be still and let him fight the battles for me... 

I want to figure it out on my own, I want the answers to my questions now but He asks that I be still... So still I will be. 

*Did you notice that rhyme over there, maybe I should become a rapper..or may be not* 



No comments:

Post a Comment