Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Colours... weekend adventures

So for the past few weekends, I have been getting myself a proper tan. Reason I say this is the sun in Africa has been ten times hotter in the area I am working than it is in other areas... or so it feels. I have evidence of the same, but due to the kind of audience we are exposed too, we (me myself and the committee in my head)  have decided that the images that would be displayed are too graphic. So you will have to take my word for it.

So this weekend as it went down, before I forget, On Friday I had a near death experience. It qualifies as near death since my heart almost stopped beating. So I had just picked up a fancy fancy Camera from my good friend, *name withheld since I did not think I would blog about it and I did not ask for permission to use his name*. I have this fancy fancy Camera in my handbag, with rent for this month, yeah my landlord is a kind human being, I hope they never read this. But I had like lot's of money in the bank...and in my handbag. Anyway the  long and short of this is we were accosted by like four guys who for whatever reason, ok my mama says it was the doing of the Lord, they probably saw a big light and bam!! they couldn't touch us. I kid you not they followed us, I tried walking very fast but they caught up with us and did not lay a hand on us. Anyway that was Friday.

Saturday was a cool  day, when it started it was raining but I caught a glimpse of the sun in the morning, peeping through the clouds. It was warning me that when it comes out will shine and burn. I still found it super cute.

I saw the sun and I remember thinking God, please don't let it rain. Point to note, he answers prayers.
Another point to note, be specific in your prayers. I forgot to ask for the sun to be easy not too hot and not too cold.


Then yeah so the adventure into my life continues. I was taking photos of people, running up and down in the sun as I got my tan on. Ok may be not but yeah. There's always something to learn in all of it. At some point, I got tired. I got tired of the sun and of what I was doing. I started asking myself those weird questions, for ''what on earth am I here for..., what is the point in all these.. why me, God no one else could take this photos, when am I going to do my hair.. ok and other deep questions. After all that the loud word that came from the heavens was, well, very loud,

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men,
24 Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah). 

That was well, very down to earthing.


Rather it literally pulled me back to earth and I went back at it with my all. I was taking those photos like there is no tomorrow. Well may be not but with more zeal and joy and peace.  But it was a good reminder. Why do I do what I do, to essentially glorify the one who created me. When I do what I do to meet a human need for my self, I can never get satisfied with life. Not that am satisfied with my life, I may need to change a few things here and there but before I get lost in that again.. the main Idea is I am most at peace when I do it as unto the Lord. I could go into the detail of this, but I will not. I don't have a very good reason either but yeah.




So from that what I do when I loose the zest in life to do the things of the earth, running the rat race et al.. I look up..

Ok when I looked up, I thought this was cute.

Evidently something from when the colonialists were still here and space did not matter. It's hard to get such architecture in modern buildings. We're always too engrossed in using up any space that we come accross. It's a selfish society out there. We never think about the children and where they will play when we litter and when we build.  Where will the sun peep into your house.

Then I walked out and looked up.


 Even better.

Sometimes, life and all that it comes with can be extremely overwhelming. At times, you feel like you're all alone, dealing with all this hard blows from the thing called life. That's how it feels to me, I don't  know about you...

But am learning, to look up, to step out into the elements. Sounds deep right :-). But yeah am learning, it's never that serious, though it is, but there is hope. There's a big plane that's missing from Malaysia and all the international media houses keep repeating the same thing. If all else fails keep hope alive. I will add my own, and find something to cheer you up... have a lovely week. #74of365

When is the last time you saw a functional aquarium in 2014 in a Parastatal Building......
 My point exactly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment